Tuesday, May 8, 2012

In time of grieving

'Listening to Sara Groves on Grooveshark.com  ... a little boy from our local community died this past weekend.  I don't know the family well, but I know many people who know them.  Some of my piano students are best friends with James and his siblings.  The whole community is grieving.  I'm listening to Sara Groves because I find her authentic expressions of faith (and questioning) very consoling in times of suffering.  Lord, please hold and console James' family and friends while they grieve.  May they eventually feel the peace and joy of knowing James' Joy in You, and meanwhile, may they feel the life-sustaining support of their friends.  Bless them, Lord.  Bless the whole community with Your Gracious Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I'm interested in your thoughts! Pending review, you'll find it published here. Thanks!