Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Beethoven's Waldstein

I heard Beethoven's "Waldstein" on the radio this morning (performed by a pianist whose name I didn't recognize and don't remember), and the tempo of the first movement was 138!!!
I can barely think it that fast!

There are parts where that tempo seems just right and there are other places where I would love a bit more time to savor the moment.  I wonder how slow a tempo would be considered appropriate.  It's time I so a more exhaustive search for performances/recordings of this piece and make comparisons.

This is a work I would dearly love to learn.  I already enjoy working on sections of it.  I don't know if I'm able to "master" it, but I believe I am capable of a lovely rendering none-the-less!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I'm interested in your thoughts! Pending review, you'll find it published here. Thanks!