Friday, July 1, 2016

Sway

Sway, sung by Dean Martin
"Sway" is the English version of "¿Quién será?", a 1953 mambo instrumental song by Mexican composers Luis Demetrio and Pablo Beltrán Ruiz. The most famous English version is that of Dean Martin recorded in 1954. English lyrics are by Norman Gimbel. Since then the song has been recorded and remixed by many artists.
(The above quote is from Wikipedia.)

Because I like this song so much, and not "just" all the details that make it unique, but especially the rhythmic genre, this particular tempo, and the playfully sophisticated emotional tone, I searched out more songs that had anything in common w/ "Sway" and discovered that it's the mambo genre I like so much.  Who knew I would like Latin dance genres so much?  Now I do!  Add Mambo to my list of Latin Faves with Basso Nova and Tango!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I'm interested in your thoughts! Pending review, you'll find it published here. Thanks!